Sunday, June 5, 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011 - 01:15

Good Monday Morning!! I'm having trouble sleeping, mostly in anticipation for what I hope will be a life-changing phone call. I was told Friday afternoon that I will have a start date for Dell by the end of the day Monday. I was told that start date will most likely be Monday, June 13, 2011, one week from today, but it could even be moved up into this week. The sooner I can get started, the better. I am looking forward to beginning work and I have made every resolve I think is necessary to make this a long-lasting career, and without knowing what will happen in the coming years, I hope to make this the company I retire with in 30 years. I hope to be able to move elsewhere in this country with this company. It is a 9-month contract-to-hire through Adecco Government Solutions, so I will be officially on Dell's payroll sometime in the middle of March 2012.
Since we are starting the second week of June, I am starting to make preparations looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of my goals is really get serious and lose 30 lbs by mid-November, 5 months from now. I plan to start this week, and indeed already have a menu and exercise plan ready to implement.
That's about all the news for right now. As soon as I find out a start date and have told my family and friends, I will post another blog update with the start date and other details. So, expect another update either this evening or tomorrow morning!
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be rude, but they aren't going to call you. They've delayed you for months and continue to delay. Look elsewhere. You've been out of work for months and you owe it to your parents to have some wage coming in!

    ReplyDelete