Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday, June 9, 2011 - 21:30

I am currently reading over my job description as I type this update and it looks like I won't be strictly phone tech support. I will doing a lot of e-mail support, as well as chat support, and even via remote access. That helps me out a bit knowing that while it is a call center, I won't be providing strictly phone support. I'm sure I'll be on the phones quite a bit, but if I'm reading it right, it won't be 100% phones, which is nice.
I was also looking at what I would actually be troubleshooting and they are all things I have done recently, and have been doing most of the last decade or more. Plus, it's only an entry-level technical support role with first-level support.
I'm really hoping with this job that, first of all, I can get hired on permanent, which should be sometime in March 2012 (9 month contract-to-hire). I'm also hoping that once on permanent, I will be able to move up the chain and even move around the country. If I did relocate, which I hope I can within the next 2 1/2 - 4 years, I should be able to move to Dell locations in Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, Ohio, New Hampshire, or Idaho. Right now, though, my goal is just to get started, get my feet on the ground, and start making some money so I can pay

No comments:

Post a Comment