Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 10:00 am

Happy Memorial Day 2011 to everyone out there. Take some time out today to thank the military members of your family, both active and retired, and remember those who are no longer with us. It's because of their sacrifice that we are here today.
It's been about 8 days since my last update and I felt compelled to share what's been going on the past week. On the job front, my start date is not today (naturally, because I'm writing to you during what would be work hours.) My start date will most likely be Monday, June 6, 2011 with an outside shot of Monday, June 13, 2011. I should know for sure this week. Their is another class for a Level 2 Technician starting on June 20, and we are before them, so June 13 is the latest it could go, since they don't want to start us on the same day. The reason for the delay is two-fold. (1) They are trying to get this other guy's security clearance to go through and get the class organized. (2) Dell is super-slow, apparently. The job is guaranteed and they will not change their minds, but there is just a delay. I'll admit, it is an agonizing delay. The reason they did not start today is because of the Holiday. My liason from California sent them an e-mail Friday morning requesting a start date, trying to force their hand a bit, because my colleague has to move from Tulsa to start work in Oklahoma City.
10-years ago today on Wednesday, May 30, 2001, I was moving to my first college dormitory in Alva, Oklahoma - Fryer Hall - on the campus of Northwestern Oklahoma State University. I started my first class, General Chemistry 1105 with Dr. Steve Pilcher, that next Monday, June 4, 2001. I was just 8 1/2 days removed from my high school graduation when I moved to college (the evening of Monday, May 21, 2001).
That's all the news for this morning. This will be my last post for the month of May 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment