Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 09:00

Good Tuesday Morning,

I tested out the drive to work because I wanted to experience the traffic I would be facing. It looks like it will take me right around 30 minutes to get there, and if I want to be there 40 minutes early at 7:20, I'll want to be out of the house at 6:50. If I need gas, I'll probably leave around 6:43, to give myself 7 minutes. It's 11.8 miles one way to work or 23.6 miles round trip. I think the first morning, though, I'll probably try to be there by 7:10, so I'll probably leave around 6:40. I'll try to fill up Sunday night after church.

I'm really thinking things will start turning around for me. I'm hoping and praying I have found a career. I've heard many great things about working for Dell from all sorts of different people.

8 comments:

  1. Do you plan on being at work EVERY DAY 40 minutes early? Or just the first day to get acquainted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much every day, definitely no later than 30 minutes early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any reason for that? What will you do for the 30 minutes before your shift starts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much know the answer, but will ask anyway..

    Are you going in early to get some extra hours, put in OT, etc?? Or are you just going to get there early for the hell of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you already know the answer..

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were a boss, I would fire an employee on the spot for coming in more than ten minutes late OR early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandfather always told me that he'd rather be an hour early than a minute late. I follow his advice. That is wise advice and I've been told that by numerous sources.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand that, but a full hour? To do what? Sit in the car? Walk inside and idly sit somewhere till your time to go to work? It's just bewildering!

    ReplyDelete