Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 20:00

Good Sunday Evening to All. It's been a great, great weekend. Saturday morning my family and I started preparing for a June garage sale and then Mom, Dad, and I had a nice steak dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. The dust from the garage sale preparation stirred up severe allergies and sent me to bed pretty much from 2:30 pm Saturday - 8:15 am Sunday. I missed church this morning because of severe allergies and a pounding headache, but both of them eased up this afternoon and I was able to enjoy a thrilling Game 7 105-90 victory by the Oklahoma City Thunder to advance to the NBA Western Conference Finals against the Dallas Mavericks who are a week removed from sweeping the defending world champion Los Angeles Lakers. I felt well enough to be able to go to church this evening and I'm glad I did. I'm always glad when I can go to the house of the LORD and get filled up spiritually. It makes my week go so much better. Now, I'm just sitting and relaxing watching the Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball.

My plans for this week are to save a lot on gasoline and drive as little as possible. Monday, though, I do plan to test drive my route to work that I will be taking two weeks from now on Monday, May 30, 2011. My goal is to figure out what time I will need to leave the house so I can get to work by 7:20 in preparation for an 8:00 shift start. My guess is I will need to leave by 6:40, but I'll find that out in the morning. After testing the drive to work, I will run by Walmart and stock up on a few groceries so I don't have to eat out this week. Then I don't have anything else to do Monday until a church men's meeting in the evening.

The remainder of the week will be largely spent trying to do things around the house to get ready to go to work.

3 comments:

  1. I think I speak for all of us when I say: Go Thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you sleep for 18 hours?! Is that even possible?

    Also why do you need to be at work 40 minutes early???

    ReplyDelete
  3. To show his boss he's prompt and dedicated. A promotion means more $$ and more ladie$$

    ReplyDelete